About BMS Control Systems
Barry Horne - Managing Director
With over 40 years experience in the BMS industry, Barry Horne started his engineering career at British Aerospace in 1972, moving onto Satchwell Controls and then Staefa Controls. Barry created his first company, Setpoint Controls in 1985 which was later acquired by Centrica (British Gas) in 2009.
BMS controls were formed in 2006 for the purpose of supplying BMS services to theatre land premises via mechanical and electrical companies throughout the UK. From these grass roots the company has carried out mainly BMS projects with maintenance contracts being awarded from the completion of each contract. Our success in the industry has brought us to the attention of many companies wishing to use our services, especially in the BMS controls sector. We have invested heavily in our future and expanded our business to the various markets such as commercial, retail government etc, with great success. It is from this that we have created our specialist controls division.
As a BMS Specialist company we employ experienced software, project and maintenance engineers that have carried out numerous Trend, Cylon„ Priva and Satchweil projects throughout the country. We have also employed both project and maintenance sales engineers from the HVAC perspective..
Service and Maintenance
- Carrying out weekly, monthly, or yearly PPM checks is proven to make savings on both reactive calls and energy.
- Our trained BMS engineers are manufacturer trained.
- A fully detailed report listing comprehensive checks together with recommendations is submitted upon completion of each inspection.
- The report is backed up by a prompt estimating service to ensure minimum amount of down time.
- The BMS help desk is fully manned during normal working hours and for all contract customers we provide an out of hours facility contactable through our bureau service.
Where required, sites can be connected (via ISDN or wireless router) to our established 24/7 bureau engineer.
Customers sites are connected via modem with the customers BMS operating system mirrored on our own secure IT network. System alarms can be configured to be automatically transmitted to the engineer to suit the sites and/or customers requirements. For example:
- All critical alarms transmitted are followed up by telephone response from the engineer back to the site to ensure alarms are being attended to.
- Only alarms generated out-of-normal hours are transmitted to the engineer, empowered to follow an agreed escalation process.
- On site customer engineers/representatives can pro-actively contact BMS controls to request that the bureau engineer remotely "drive" the installed BMS system to assist other on-site tasks.
BMS controls conduct high level Building Energy Management System (BEMS) audits to evaluate the performance of the control system and to identify measures that will reduce energy consumption costs and carbon dioxide emissions
In addition to the existing preventative BEMS service and maintenance contract, we would also recommend that this be extended to include energy management support to provide a dedicated and targeted energy optimisation and savings service. Our BEMS orientated energy saving recommendations, when considered alongside other complimentary initiatives can form part of your greater carbon and utility reduction strategy.
- BEMS Bureau Service
- Automatic Meter Reading (AMR) & Sub-meter solutions
- Automatic Monitoring and Targeting (aM&T) service
- Carbon Reduction Commitment Energy Efficiency Scheme (CRC EES) consultancy
- Suite of complimentary consultancy services, including detailed energy consumption bench-marking and analysis, total building energy audit, staff energy awareness training, renewable technology solutions and a legislative compliance audit.
Expertise in Energy and Carbon Management
Technical Excellence - From preliminary energy surveys to comprehensive detailed site or portfolio studies,our engineers have a sound technical background, qualifications and experience, which means we can provide the best advice in any application.
Data Management - The ability to collect, analyse and interpret data to understand fully a building or a process from an energy perspective.
Project Implementation - A level of technical advice and involvement that is matched to the client's needs.
Continuing Support - From real-time performance monitoring and targeting,through to on-going energy market intelligence, regulatory compliance advice. We have IVMVP-certified staff who will monitor performance and can provide in-depth assessments of the true levels of savings achieved.
As a user friendly energy Management support team, and carbon management practitioners, we recognised that existing energy management software packages did not provide users with all the facilities necessary to manage proactively their energy usage. This, together with the objective of including building services (plant) status monitoring as an optional facility led to the development of BMS energy eye, a complete energy management support system.
This entirety scalable service enables clients to take control of their energy usage, to plan more effectively for the future in terms of life cycle and budget implications, and to react immediately to any changes in performance.
BMS energy eye is not confined solely to electricity monitoring its core function is also to collect and display real time gas and water consumption, as well as renewable generation, to give a full picture of status.
When further savings are achieved, the target profiles are refined to ensure that even additional savings are not simply temporary Improvements and that they are sustained in the long term.
- Strategy development Carbon footprint definition Energy surveys
- Feasibility studies
- BMS studies
- Staff & stakeholder communication/awareness Green Deal support
- Data collection and validation
- Bespoke reporting
- Real time monitoring and performance targeting IVMVP performance reporting
- BMS monitoring
- Invoice management and validation
- Market reporting
- Energy procurement
- Control, metering & monitoring arrangements
- Bureau services
- Building energy certification - EPCs, DECs Statutory AC assessments
- EU ETS and CCA
- RHI compliance