• 01276 855 847 Nationwide (UK)
  • info@bmscontrols.co.uk Email Us
  • Unit C1D, Fairoaks Airport Surrey, GU24 8HX

BMS Controls Articles

What is a Thermostatic Heating?

What is a Thermostatic Heating?

If you’re looking to heat up your home or office environment, you may be considering thermostatic heating. A thermostat is a device that regulates the temperature of a space by sensing the current temperature and adjusting accordingly. It works similarly to a room thermostat but on a larger scale, allowing for more precise temperature control. In this article, we’ll explore what exactly thermostatic heating is and how it works. We’ll also discuss the benefits of using one, as well as some potential drawbacks. If you’re considering installing one in your home or business, then this article is for you!

What is Thermostatic Heating?

A thermostatic heating system is a type of central heating system that uses a thermostat to control the temperature of the air in your home. The thermostat is usually located in the living room, but can also be found in other rooms like the bedrooms and kitchen. Thermostatic heating systems are very efficient and can save you money on your energy bills.

The Different Types of Thermostatic Heating

There are four different types of thermostatic heating, each with their own unique benefits.

1. Electric Resistance Heating
Electric resistance heating is the most common type of thermostatic heating. It uses electrical resistance to generate heat, and is typically used in homes and businesses. Electric resistance heating is 100% efficient, meaning all of the energy used is converted into heat.

2. Gas Heating
Gas heating is another common type of thermostatic heating. It uses natural gas or propane to generate heat, and is typically used in homes and businesses. Gas-fired furnaces are about 80% efficient, meaning only about 80% of the energy used is converted into heat. The remaining 20% of the energy goes up the chimney as waste.

3. Oil Heating
Oil heating is less common than electric or gas heating, but it has its advantages. Oil-fired furnaces are about 85% efficient, meaning only about 85% of the oil used is converted into heat. The remaining 15% of the oil goes up the chimney as waste. Additionally, oil prices tend to be more stable than gas prices, making oil a more predictable fuel cost.

4. Solar Heating
Solar heating is the most environmentally friendly type of thermostatic heating. Solar panels convert sunlight into electricity, which can then be used to power a home or business’s heater. Solar panels can be expensive to install, but they have

Pros and Cons of Thermostatic Heating

There are both pros and cons to having thermostatic heating in your home. Some of the pros include that it can help save you money on your energy bill, as well as provide even heating throughout your home. Additionally, many people find that they prefer the way that thermostatically-heated homes feel compared to homes heated with other methods. Some of the cons of thermostatic heating include that it can be more expensive to install and maintain than other types of heating, and that it may not be as effective in very cold climates. Ultimately, whether or not thermostatic heating is right for you will depend on your specific needs and preferences.

What are the Best Thermostatic Heating Systems?

When it comes to thermostatic heating, there are a few different types of systems that can be used. The most common and popular type is the central heating system, which uses a furnace to heat the air and then circulate it throughout the home. Another option is a tankless water heater, which provides hot water on demand without having to store it in a tank. Lastly, radiant floor heating is becoming increasingly popular as it offers efficient and even heat distribution.

How to Install a Thermostatic Heating System

Installing a thermostatic heating system is a great way to improve the efficiency of your home’s heating. Thermostatic systems are able to maintain a consistent temperature in your home, meaning that your heater won’t have to work as hard to maintain a comfortable temperature. This can lead to lower energy bills and increased comfort for you and your family. Here are some tips on how to install a thermostatic heating system in your home:

1. Choose the right location for your thermostat. The location of your thermostat will affect its accuracy, so it’s important to choose a spot that is away from drafts, heat sources, and sunlight.
2. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions when installing your thermostat. Every model is different, so it’s important to read the instructions carefully before beginning the installation process.
3. Place the sensor in an area that represents the temperature of the room as a whole. The sensor should not be placed near windows, doors, or other areas where the temperature may fluctuate.
4. Test your thermostat regularly to ensure that it is accurate. You can do this by setting the temperature on the thermostat and then checking it against a reliable thermometer in the room.


A thermostatic heating system is a great way to keep your home comfortable and energy efficient. Being able to accurately control the temperature of your home can save you money on your energy bills while also helping reduce carbon emissions. With so many different options available, it’s important to take some time researching which type of thermostatic heating is best for your needs and budget before investing in one. By understanding what a thermostatic heating system is, how it works and its benefits, you will be able to make an informed decision about whether or not this type of heating solution is right for you.